Create a cluster in the cloud¶
- Set up the cloud infrastructure
- Creating the infrastructure on Oracle
- Creating the infrastructure on Google
- Finalising the setup
- Running the cluster
Welcome to the documentation for cluster in the cloud. By the end of this you will have a fully-operational, elastically-scaling, heterogeneous Slurm cluster running on cloud resources.
In the future, the intention is that this tutorial will cover installing on all major cloud providers but for now Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud Platform are covered.
If you need help
If you have any questions or issues with the system as a whole, please raise them as a GitHub issue at milliams/cluster-in-the-cloud.
To complete this tutorial you will need:
- access to a command-line (i.e. Linux, MacOS Terminal or WSL)
- an SSH key pair
- an account with credit on Oracle or Google cloud
- the account must have admin permissions to create infrastructure
- local software installed
- Terraform 0.12
Start by creating the infrastructure.