Create a cluster in the cloud¶
- Set up the cloud infrastructure
- Creating the infrastructure on AWS
- Creating the infrastructure on Google
- Creating the infrastructure on Oracle
- Finalising the setup
- Running the cluster
Welcome to the documentation for cluster in the cloud. By the end of this you will have a fully-operational, elastically-scaling, heterogeneous Slurm cluster running on cloud resources.
In the future, the intention is that this tutorial will cover installing on all major cloud providers but for now AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure are covered.
If you need help
If you have any questions or issues with the system as a whole, please raise them as a GitHub issue at clusterinthecloud/support.
To complete this tutorial you will need:
- access to a command-line (i.e. Linux, MacOS Terminal or WSL)
- an SSH key pair
- an account with credit on AWS, Google or Oracle cloud
- the account must have admin permissions to create infrastructure
- local software installed
- Terraform 0.12
Alternatively, for some cloud providers (only AWS and Google so far) we have a simpler “one-click” installer which has fewer or no up-front requirements at all. That is covered in the AWS and Google chapters.
Start by creating the infrastructure.